Thursday, March 18, 2021

Developing Table of Contents: Images, Part 2


Below are the photos of skincare products I took for the skincare section of my table of contents. Looking at content pages from other black hair and beauty/skin magazines I noticed that images of skincare products was a common feature on all pages, therefore I felt taking these pictures was a necessity for an authentic beauty/skin magazine. I chose the basic skin creams and oils I could find around my room to match the natural skincare information my cover page and content table promised coverage on.  As you can tell I played around with the lighting, angle, prop set up and background for my photos, but in the end, I decided to use the third picture as the lighting from the sun had increased the clarity and readability of the label and details of the creams and oils. Since I would eventually erase the background of the photo in Canva the mis-en-scene was irrelevant, as so was the props, as I could manually add them in Canva. In the end it all came down to lighting, which I got the best of during midday, when the sun was partially out.

 














No comments:

Post a Comment