Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Developing My Content Page


 Being that I altered the color scheme of my cover page from a monochromatic pink into bright festive colors like blue, yellow, green, and pink I had to rearrange my contents page to match my new theme. Additionally, my content page was basic and looked uncustomized, which is the complete opposite of  what a magazine's content page is supposed to look like. Since this basically meant that I had to scrap my entire content page I looked at other magazines for inspiration and as a basis to start building off of.

                                                                   I stumbled upon this content page from the Black Beauty and Hair magazine. I found the layout of the page simple, but yet appealing which was what I was going for. Therefore, I structured the content information on the left side of the page in columns, with the page number, page title, and content information organized in the way that it was on the cover page.



I fitted the image on the right side of page, as it is formatted on the magazine's content page. However, as I went down lower on the page I began to integrate my style and preferences on the page. I put the skincare section on the right side of the page and the image on the left instead of following the order of the magazine's content page because I felt that it added some variety to the page. After analyzing the magazine's content page I realized that I had forgotten essential conventions such as the publication date, website, and photography credits on my previous draft. I made sure to add these details on my current content page, as well a variety of pictures that correlates my content and adds character to the page.




I was not satisfied with the content page as I felt it  lacked the feeling of liveness I am going for. Hence, I added a cool shade of orange to the background of the second image and added another text circle of a similar color and size. This increased the content page appeal and enrich the page with color and shapes.




This is the final product.

Source of information:
Black Beauty and Hair Content Page:
https://www.blackbeautyandhair.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/001-v1_BBH_DecJan21_LR-WEB.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment