Friday, March 19, 2021

Developing Table of Contents: Images, Part 1

Kristie, one of my model. and I met up over the weekend to practice shots and hopefully capture some good pictures for my table of content page. These pictures were taken over the course of a weekend we spent together as she cleaned out her closet. When life gives you lemons you make lemonade! I took this as an opportunity to execute a photoshoot of sorts, with of course a fashion show in between. With her help we pieced together a variety of looks, ranging from a casual to high-end style, and experimented with different lighting and camera angles. One of the reason why I chose to do a black hair and beauty/skin magazine was because their photographs allowed for a lot of flexibility regarding colors, poses, models, hair, outfit, accessories, etc. I think this creative freedom is what drawn me to this magazine genre and what makes these hair and beauty magazines so appealing.

Although I took an assortment of pictures I am leaning more towards the last images as it's lighting is the most complementing of my model's skin of all the photos taken, which works in favor of my skin/beauty content. Her red nail color and black and gold attire are also enriched by the sunlight, and in combination with the gleam off her distressed locs by the sun I feel these photos captures the beauty/skin and hair content of my magazine best.



Location: Kristie's Backyard 
Outfit: Camouflaged pants & fur jacket
Hairstyle: Loose wave
Props: Sunglasses & Phone
Angle/Shot: Low angle, Mid-shot


Location: Bush behind Kristie's house 
Outfit: White tub dress, Head scarf
Props: Beige purse, Gold necklace, Gold rings, Sunglasses 
Hairstyle: Black straightened hair  
Angle/Shot: Mid-shot 


                    
Location: In front of Kristie's house 
Outfit: Black tube dress, Cream sweater
Props: Gold hoop, Collage bag
Hairstyle: Black straightened hair
Angle/Shot: Full body & Mid-shot 
 



Location: Taxi
Outfit: Squared black shirt
Prop: Gold hoops, gold rings, gold bracelets, sunglasses 
Hairstyle: Distressed Locs 
Angle/Style: Low angle, Close-up









No comments:

Post a Comment