Sunday, April 18, 2021

Question 3: How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

https://www.powtoon.com/s/fJdR5S1G7d6/1/m 

Transcript:

Before this project, I only had experience taking pictures with the basic, automated camera settings. But over the duration of taking photos for my content, double, and cover page I learned about camera angles, lighting techniques, mise-en-scene, and model poses. These components taught me how to utilize lighting, background, and camera angles to capture the best quality of my subject. Due to Isis, my main model’s reflective dress it was a challenge taking pictures when the sun was its peak, so I had to wait until night to use the natural lighting from the surrounding buildings to capture a picture of her that was appealing and not filled with glares from her dress. Due to this, I had to brighten the colors of the photo and blur the background of the photo so Isis could be the main focus and information could be framed around her on the cover page. The camera angle taken of my main image was from a straight-on angle to capture a holistic view of her elegant, feminine attire and fierce body language. Whereas in the image I took for my content page the sunlight was a complementing tool that helped capture the perfect picture and the background was less busy and did not need blurring. The photo was taken from a close-up, low angle to fully allow the model’s skin, hair, and confidence to be the main visual point. Overall there were lessons well taught and it increased the quality of my final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment