Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Market Research Analysis


THe
Most of the people that answered are females, so therefore the results of this survey will represent their interests. SInce predominantly females answered these questions I can use the results to better target this demographic with the content in my magazine. 

Forms response chart. Question title: How old are you?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
Since primarily females between the ages of 17 and 18 responded to my survey my magazine will target this demographic, which is what I planned on doing originally.

Forms response chart. Question title: Which magazine title do you find the most appealing for a hair and beauty magazine?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
"Lux Beauty" is the most popular/liked name for my magazine which I may later change to "Deluxe Beauty". "Aphrodite's Secret" also did well, so that makes it another option to consider, however like a majority of the students I'm leaning more towards "Lux Beauty". 

Forms response chart. Question title: Would you be interested in seeing hair and beauty information and visuals targeting both men and women, instead of solely women?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
The majority liked the idea of me incorporating content that appeals to both women and men, rather than just women. However, I am dancing around this idea, as I am unsure if I can pull it off. I will research more into this subject to decide if I can execute it in an appealing manner.


Forms response chart. Question title: What colors are most appealing to you?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
Light colors such as pastel and blush was the most appealing to my peers, which I like as well since they are visually soft and cooling, I plan on taking this into consideration as I create my magazine's color scheme. I will however add in a little bit of either bold or neutral colors to balance and brighten the color scheme of my magazine.

Forms response chart. Question title: What information would you like to see in my magazine? Please choose a maximum of 3.. Number of responses: 17 responses.
The majority of my peers were mostly interested in seeing hair/beauty tips and tricks, fun facts, and factual articles. These forms of information being the most popular is understandable as it is both entertaining and informative. With this being said I will keep this in mind as I format the content my magazine.

Forms response chart. Question title: What would you like to see on the front cover?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
A large amount of people would like to see a women photographed on my front cover with her hair and makeup done, but there are also others who would like see both a man and women. As I mentioned above I am still undecided on whether I will add a male feature into my article, but I am certain there will be a female.

Forms response chart. Question title: If you chose option B-D above what demographic would you be interested in seeing?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
A majority of those who answered either B or D above said they would like to see a photo of a black women and black on the cover. There are a few who would like to see a black women and a white man, but intrestlying someone wanted to see a variety of ethnicities of women. I will choose a black female and or male model(s) as they are typically seen on the cover of black beauty and hair magazines. 
Forms response chart. Question title: For the front cover feature article what would you prefer to see?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
Most of my peers prefered to see hair care tips and information, which I am pleased to say was also one of my top picks as well. This is one of the easiest to achieve since I practice and have done extensive research on hair care tips and information prior to this project.

Forms response chart. Question title: What would you like the focus of the hair and beauty information to be on? Please choose at least 2.. Number of responses: 17 responses.
Natural hairstyles are inexpensive and easier to do then weaves/extensions. Skin care is also less costly and easier to do since makeup will take up a substantial amount of time, skill, and money. Therefore, skincare and natural hairstyle contents is a convenient and plausible direction for my magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment